Being an Android phone user, I have personally felt issues like the phone working slowly, not responding anymore, the screen freezes when you are on a video call, etc. These are few common problems that occur with Android phones, especially, when your phone is loaded with much data or Apps. If it’s occurring for the first time then you can try deleting few images, videos or any unused Apps from your phone to improve the performance. But if it continues or occurs more frequently then the only option is to reset android phone! We are here to explain how to do it with just a few simple steps.
Before we start, we need to find whether we can save our data before the reset process. Just find where you are left with on the phone when it hangs or responds slowly? For example, if you can still go to settings options, you can save your data. Yes, there the Backup and Reset option helps you to do it. But when the phone is responding and you continue doing the reset, your data is almost lost! So before you start the reset android phone, decide on whether you need to backup the data or you never need it anymore!
The following steps explain to you how to do a hard reset and it never backs up your data.
Completely Power off the Android phone: This is the first and foremost step for your phone to be reset. We have mentioned it as a complete power off as you should not even charge the phone when you do it. This can be done in either of the ways that we show you now.
- Just press and hold the power button for few seconds until the device gets off.
- The above-mentioned step is not possible when your phone is not responding to your button presses. So it’s obvious that you need to find an alternative method to do it! The much simpler alternative is to take the battery from the Android phone and you are done! Remember, not to press the power button on when you insert the battery again.
Now we are finished with the preparatory steps for the reset Android phone. Let’s go ahead further to know how to reset it.
Based on the model, make and the Operating systems of the Android phone you may need to vary the reset process. Yes, a certain combination of keys take you to the reset Android phone option in OS 2.2 (Froyo) but the same does not work for OS 2.3 (Gingerbread). Therefore, we suggest you try out all different possibilities that we are going discuss now. Certainly, at least any one of them is going to work for your reset Android phone.
- This works for most Android phones and that is why we have listed on top of other methods. Just press Volume up + Volume down + Power together and you can see a pop-up on your Android screen. Once you see it, leave the keys and just use the Volume Down key to navigate the menu. Stop at the Factory Reset option and then press the power key to do the reset process.
- The second method uses only the volume down, and power keys and you need not use the volume up here. So you can handle it with just two keys here. Hold Volume down + Press & release Power key, now you can see the pop-up and just use the Volume down to navigate and select the Factory Reset as we did earlier. The process of selecting the Factory reset once you see the pop-up is quite similar with all Android phones.
- Here comes a complicated process but you need to do to reset the Android phone. Press & hold Home + Press the Power key and you will see the ‘Android Recovery screen.’ Once you see it, just leave the Home key as well and just use the Volume up or down to locate the ‘Wipe Date/Factory reset’. You can even use any of these methods to reset the phone when is locked and when you are unable to unlock it.
- For Samsung Galaxy Android Phones and Notes: Press & hold Volume up + Home + Power simultaneously, and you can feel a vibration or can see Galaxy logo on the screen. Now just release Power but keep pressing the other two keys and would see the ‘Android System Recovery.’ Go to the ‘Wipe Data/Factory reset’ using the volume keys and select it using the Home key. Then go ahead and select the ‘Reboot system now’ by using the same keys. Remember, a reset is different from a reboot!
When you use a Samsung Gio (GT-S5660), then Press & hold Power + Press & hold Home until you see the logo. Now release the keys, and you will be taken to the ‘Wipe Data/Factory reset’ and you can continue the same process that we did for other Samsung phones.
- In this method, you need to Press & hold Home + Press Power and you would notice the ‘Android Recovery screen.’ Now use the Search key to locating the ‘Wipe data/Factory reset’. Here you can use the touch-screen options to select or just use the Volume keys for navigation and Camera for selection if the screen is unresponsiveness.
- For Motorola: Now let us look at the reset Android phone for Motorola Atrix with OS 2.2. Press & hold Volume down + Press power and you would see the ‘Fastboot’ screen and navigate to ‘Android Recovery.’ Now tapping on the bottom right of the screen will take you to ‘Wipe Data/Factory reset’. After selecting it to go ahead with the ‘Reboot system now’ option. When you have OS 2.3 for your Motorola Atrix phone, then it is better as it does not require tapping on the screen. You can simply use the Volume down to navigate & Power to select.
- For Sharp Android phone: When you have a Sharp Android Phone, just do the reset process like this. Press & hold Sym from keyboard + Press & hold Power at the same time. You can see the ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ and use Volume keys for navigation & Return key for selection. Then select ‘Delete all user data’ and followed by ‘Reboot system now’ with the use of Power key.
- Here we discuss the reset for LG Android phones. Press & hold Volume down + Press & hold Home + Press & hold Power until you see the LG logo on the screen. In most cases, the reset will then be done automatically and if it’s not going to do by itself then you will be directed to ‘Wipe Data/Factory Reset’ option.
You can reset the Android phone in just a few minutes by following the suitable above-mentioned methods, irrespective of which Android device you have. Use it trouble-free and as if you are using a new phone! Also just start with the best Apps for your Android to use your phone wisely!