Apple is definitely the king of the Modern Day Devices. Well, no doubt in that sentence whatsoever. But, still, there are some kinds of limitations which let other brands to take an advantage. Among such benefits include the creation and sync of Custom ringtones. In Android, there is a range of apps which helps in the cause. But as we move towards iOS, we are bound by plenty of limitations and with such issues; users are finding it difficult to Create and Sync Custom Ringtones to your iPhone. Further, they are not getting the privileges they all desire for.
But, not to worry. In this article, the tables will turn around and you will know every possible way to Create and Sync Custom Ringtones to your iPhone. Without wasting any further time, let’s get started.
As we all know that Apple has removed the Ringtone management from iTunes and this was a kind of heartbreak for the iPhone Users. But, with every dark side, there is a good side too. You can redownload and purchase all of your bought Ringtones straight into your iOS. Read here to know, Why is Google Banned in China?
Steps to Download previously bought ringtones
- First of all, launch the Settings App for iOS.
- Click on the Sound and Haptics.
- Further, tap on the Ringtone.
- At the top of the page, you will find the “Download All Purchased Ringtones”, Tap on it.
After successfully performing the operation, you will be able to download all your alerts and ringtones using your iTunes Account.
I hope that you have successfully done the above procedure and must have got fruitful results. Now, let us know how to Create and Sync Custom Ringtones to your iPhone using iTunes.
How to Create and Sync Custom Ringtones to your iPhone using iTunes
Before the launch of iTunes 12.7, the process was quite a bit different. But, as soon as the iTunes 12.7 made his way into the iPhone, it left no easy way to add and sync your own custom ringtones. With such disaster, the “Tones” library is not present but still, you can manually insert ringtones on your iPhone.
Any previous ringtone in iTunes is present at-
C:\Users\NAME\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Tones\ for a PC
Step One: Install iTunes
With the modern iPhones, there is no need to use the iTunes, but while adding your own custom ringtone, you still require it.
On Windows, Install the latest version of iTunes from Apple. While on a MAC, iTunes is present by default and ready to go. For further clarification, this process works either on MAC or Windows.
Step Two: Choose any Sound File
There may be plenty of sound files which all of you must have thought of adding to your iPhone. Choose the best from the lot and get ready to rock your iPhone after this process. In this step, you will need a sound clip to convert it and use it as a ringtone. For sounds, you must have got some kind of basic idea which kinds of music suit you. If not, go through the available sound options and you will definitely find one.
For the timely duration, you file must be a maximum of 40 seconds long. Any further long file will fail in the media conversion process. On a stronger note, iTunes will reject any file which has a length greater than 40 seconds. However, if your sound length is greater than 40 seconds, still there are plenty of options.
You can use any good audio editor like Audacity for audio editing. But this type of audio editors may be a little complex and difficult to operate. Thus for newbie’s, you can try your hands on the mp3cut.net. This App is a lot freer from complexity and also does a decent job in editing audio. Read the Tutorial, Google Launches Android Oreo (Go Edition).
How to Use mp3cut.net
First of all, open the mp3cut.net website.
- Tap on the “Open file” Button and choose the type of song or any musical file you want to edit. Also, there is a fantastic option for extracting sounds from video files. Hence, whichever things you like to upload, it is totally up to you.
- Select the respective part of the audio file you will like to use and click on the cut button. With this, the clip which you want to add will only remain in the process and every other data will disappear.
- At last, download the clip to your PC.
Step 3: Convert the MP3 to AAC
As of now, I hope that you are done with the above steps quite professionally. So, let’s make our way for converting the MP3 to AAC. If we talk about MP3, it is widely in use for plenty of Smartphones all over the world. Every user has their favourite songs in the MP3 Format. But, when it comes to Ringtones, there is a necessity of AAC format.
As a result of which, you will need to convert the MP3 to AAC by following the following steps.
- Add the Sound Files to your iTunes and move it to your library.
- For doing the above operation, you will need to drag and drop the file straight into the iTunes library.
- After placing it successfully, you will find the same view as shown below.
- Select the respective Sound file in iTunes and Click file- Convert to AAC version.
That’s it, after the above procedure, your file will be successfully converted to its AAC version. This step is the easiest step to Create and Sync Custom Ringtones to your iPhone using iTunes. Read here to know, One Plus 5T Review.
Step 4: Renaming the AAC File
- After successfully performing the above process, you will get two copies of the same audio file in the iTunes Library. In which one will be the MP3 Version and the other one, AAC Version.
- In addition, to know which file is which, you will need to right-click on the headings in the library and enable the “Kind” Column.
- A new kind column will be visible and you will easily see which file is which.
- Further, you can right-click the MPEG audio file and delete it from the library.
Hence, now you have got the ringtone file as an AAC file. But, you will need to alter its extension for iTunes to make it recognizable as a ringtone file.
Process to alter the file extension
First, you will need to Drag and Drop the AAC file from the iTunes library straight to your PC or any other folder on your respective system.
There, you will find the ringtone file name as AAC File having an extension as .m4a file. Thus, change the file extension from .m4a to .m4r. For an example, if the files name is Chainsmokers.m4a, change it to Chainsmokers.m4r.
The above process may be a bit tricky but if done with sheer concentration, you can do it quite easily. Thus, this process will further help in the cause to Create and Sync Custom Ringtones to your iPhone using iTunes.
Step Five: Add Your Chosen Ringtone File to Your iPhone
Finally, the time has come when you will relish every single minute you spent in reading this article. Take control of your PC or MAC, and connect your iPhone to it.
- For the connection, you will need to have a USB to-lightening which is the same cable for any mobile charging.
- Unlock your iPhone and Click on the “Trust” option which will be present on the screen. Further, confirm that you want to trust your computer if you didn’t connect your iPhones to iTunes previously.
- In this step, you will need to enter your PIN which is a six-digit code.
- Now come back to iTunes and click on the device icon.
- Tap on the “Tones” section which is under On My Device in the left sidebar.
- From your folder straight to the iTunes, drag and drop the .m4r ringtone.
Step Six: Choose the Ringtone
- Grab your iPhone and follow the final steps to successfully complete this process
- Go to Settings
- Find an option- Sound and Haptics
- Go to ringtone from that option and choose your custom ringtone. That’s all.
Conclusion- How to Create and Sync Custom Ringtones to your iPhone using iTunes
There is always a way for everything. All that we need is a sheer determination and concentration. As of now, you must have known to Create and Sync Custom Ringtones to your iPhone using iTunes. In any case of difficulty, you can refer the article for utmost clarification. At last, share it with every iPhone friend of yours and break-in through the bondage barriers of an iPhone. Read here to know, How to Download NetFlix Movies on Mac.