Another smartphone is added to the line-up of this year’s beautiful designed smartphones. But this not by any mobile giant company like Apple or Samsung. In fact, it is by the person behind Android; Andy Rubin. The phone is now available for pre-orders on Essential’s website, Best Buy, and Sprint. This new smartphone will likely shake up the market space with its bold and beautiful design, modular features and a big plus bezel-less screen. What else you wish for? However, it does not come cheap as it is a flagship phone of the year. But it has some unique features that could justify its price fairly. This is why we have brought Essential phone preview to help you know everything about this upcoming phone by the Android creator.
Specifications Of Essential Phone:
- Dimensions: 141.5 x 71.1 x 7.8 mm
- Weight: 185 g
- Build: Titanium frame
- Display Type: LTPS IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors
- Screen Size: 5.71 inches
- Resolution: 1312 x 2560 pixels
- Multi touch: up to 10 fingers
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
- OS: Android 7.1 (Nougat)
- Qualcomm MSM8998 Snapdragon 835
- CPU: Octa-core (4×2.45 GHz Kryo & 4×1.9GHz Kryo)
- GPU: Adreno 540
- Internal Memory: 128 GB, 4 GB RAM
- Primary Camera: Dual 13 MP, f/1.9, phase detection & laser autofocus, LED flash
- Camera Features: Face detection, touch focus, panorama, HDR, and geotagging.
- 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps videos
- Secondary Camera: 8 MP, f/2.2, 2160p@30fps, 1080p@60fps, 720p@120fps
- Sound: WAV ringtones. Vibrations, MP3
- Loudspeakers along with stereo speakers.
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, WiFi Direct, hotspot
- Bluetooth: 5.0, A2DP, EDR, LE
- GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, and NFC
- USB C 1.0 reversible connector
- Sensor: Fingerprint (rear-mounted), proximity, accelerometer, compass, gyro, barometer
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3040 mAh battery
- Colors: Stellar Gray, Black Moon, Ocean Depths, Pure White
- Price: Around 699 USD
Unique Build And Design:
The design of this apparently beautiful looking Essential phone seems somewhat unique because it is a combination of both ceramic and titanium. However, these look unusual choices; and titanium is likely used because of its hardness. It is also stronger and much more resilient than aluminum. So it will probably survive any scratch or fall. But its durability fails when it contacts with water because there is no waterproofing. So you better keep it away from water.
What Makes It Stand-out?
Surprisingly, there is no logo of Essential to be seen on the back. Instead, it is a phone with a plain back, a fingerprint scanner and camera lens breaking up. However, apparently, it’s the thinnest camera lens incorporated in a phone and the dual lens that are combined to capture 200% more light than a regular phone. This makes it unique and worth the price. Also, it comes handy when you capture a picture in the dark. But there is no 3.5mm headphone port; you will surely get a dongle in the box. So, go grab the Essential phone by pre-ordering it right away.