This time also LG continues to astonish us with its new mobile model LG Q8 that is remarkably similar to LG V20. The phone was first seen on LG’s Italian website; that unleashes this sizzlingly hot smartphone that LG has just hatched out. Although LG V20 is one of the company’s amazing creation, it isn’t perfect in all aspects. The phone’s audio was quite a robust. It allows you to take wide-angle pictures with its dual camera and has a removable battery. But something has been severely missing in that crazily likable phone.
The size of the phone was weirdly big, somewhat similar to a tablet; that people called it a phablet sized phone. Moreover, it also failed to keep up with competitors regarding performance when Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 821 came out. However, LG Q8 does not bring much of changes in it; it also has Android Nougat 7.0 running on the same Snapdragon 820.
The other specs of LG Q8 are also quite a similar, like the dual lens on the rear camera, a 1440p display and a unique marquee screen for extra buttons and shortcuts. The only feature it has that lacks in LG V20 is, it offers IP67 water and dust resistance. This allows you to leave in under a meter of water for up to 30 minutes.
Specs Of LG Q8:
- 149 x 71.9 x 8 mm dimensions
- It weighs 146g.
- Dust and water resistant- IP67 certified
- 5.2 inches sized, IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors, Corning Gorilla Glass 4, multitouch with 160 x 1040 pixels secondary display.
- Android 7.0 (Nougat)
- Qualcomm MSM8996 Snapdragon 820 chipset.
- Quad-core processor(2×2.15 GHz Kryo & 2×1.6 GHz Kryo).
- Adreno 530 GPU
- 256GB storage of microSD
- 32 GB internal memory with 4GB RAM
- Dual 13 MP (28mm, f/1.8) + 8MP (10mm, f/2.4), laser autofocus, OIS, dual-LED flash.
- Camera feature: 1/4″ sensor size @ 10mm, 1/2.6″ sensor size @ 28mm, touch focus, geo-tagging, HDR, face and smile detection, panorama.
- 3.5mm Jack, loudspeaker, MP3 WAV ringtones, and vibration.
- Wi-Fi 802.11, Wi-Fi Direct, dual-band, DLNA, and hotspot.
- Bluetooth 4.2, A2DP, LE. NFC and infrared port.
- USB-C 1.0
- Non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh batter.
Besides, the phone is smaller than that of LG V20 that was a phablet smartphone. Since the phone’s OS runs on an older version of the chipset; unlike all the other flagship phones that have dominated the current market with higher versions of Qualcomm chipset; like Samsung Galaxy S8 with Snapdragon 835 chipset. So, it would not be fair to price this LG Q8 in the same way as this year’s flagship phones have been priced.