So, you think we are done with the Android smartphones of this year? With HTC U 11, LG G6, OnePlus 5, and Samsung Galaxy S8 in the lineup; that are launched this year. Now here comes Nokia 8 to join the league of upcoming flagship phones of this year. A Finnish company, HMD Global that has licensed the right to manufacture Nokia phones; has revealed the company’s first ever flagship phone Nokia 8 yesterday. The will be available in the markets of the Europe sometime in September, and it is priced at 599 euros ($705). Before the official launch, we have heard a lot from the leaks, and many of them have turned out to be true. The phone has a 5.3-inch display (2560 x 1440), and Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor has powered Nokia 8 with 4GB of RAM, and 64GB of storage.
Specs Of Nokia 8 Flagship Phone:
Let take a look at the specification of this hotly anticipated Nokia’s first ever flagship smartphone.
- SCREEN: 5.3-inch 2560×1440 IPS
- OS: Android 7.1.1
- CPU: Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 835, up to 2.45GHz
- GPU: Adreno 540
- STORAGE: 64GB (expandable with microSD card)
- NETWORKING: 802.11a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, GLONASS, NFC
- BANDS GSM: 850/900/1800/1900
- WCDMA: 1, 2, 5, 8
- TDS-CDMA: 34, 39
- LTE:1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 20, 28, 38, 39, 40, 41
- PORTS: 1x USB 3.1 Type-C
- CAMERA Rear: 13MP (Colour + OIS) + 13MP (Mono), 1.12um, f/2.0, 76.9˚, PDAF, IR, Zeiss optics.
- Front Camera: 13MP PDAF, 1.12um, f/2.0, 78.4˚, display flash
- SIZE: 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9mm (camera bump 0.4mm)
- WEIGHT: 160g
- BATTERY: 3090 mAh, Quick Charge 3.0
- STARTING PRICE: €600 (~£550/$570)
- OTHER PERKS: Splashproof IP54, fingerprint sensor, Dual-Sight streaming, Ozo Audio
You see, most of the specs of Nokia 8 are exactly like what we expect from top-rated flagship phones to have. But, HMD did not actually follow the new trend of all mobile giants keeping their phone bezel-free. Instead, the company has stuck with capacitive keys and bigger display bezels. But as far as its design is concerned, it is slim at 7.3mm across its curved edges frame. Also, the back is entirely covered with aluminum with the antennas on the top. It also the color scheme to be glossy blue and copper colors, and matte blue and gray; but I like the matte colors the most.
It would be interesting to see whether or not Nokia 8 could carry the clout of a modern smartphone maker. Even though it has specs that are just like any other flagship phone would have; still, it has to go the extra mile to compete in the market where mobile giants like Samsung, Apple, LG, etc. have already been dominating.