Mobile World Conference (MWC) is the most sizable mobile device show in the world. More than 100,000 people visit Spain every year in the month of February to showcase the upcoming models and technologies in the mobiles devices. The people get to know and see the future mobile devices even before the devices are launched in the market. In this article, we have highlighted 7 best products of MWC 2017.
In this season of MWC which was held in Barcelona Spain, from February 27th to March 2nd, 2017, we saw a Tsunami of phones, tablets, and even laptops. As Samsung tried to grab all the attention at the MWC 2017 by pre-announcing its Galaxy S8 event for March 29th, (see Samsung Galaxy S8 Preview), it soon overshadowed by the announcement of new flagship products by LG, Huawei, and BlackBerry.
We decided to pick 7 best products of MWC 2017 in each category and explore their specifications, new features, the technology used, model, color, size, etc. So let’s dig in.
Product Name: LG G6
Price: US$650.00 to US$799.00
- G6 is LG’s first water-resistant flagship device. It is IP68 rated, which means you can put it in a meter deep water (about three feet) for about 30 minutes. Yes, you read it right, you can now talk on your mobile phone while taking a shower.
- Slim, unibody and smooth look having a super sharp 5.7-inch screen with a 1,400-pixel resolution and 565 ppi.
- The G6 has two cameras on the back. You can switch between the standard 13-megapixel lens and the 120-degree wide-angle lens to capture more content in each frame. The front camera of G6 includes 5-megapixel front-facing shooter has a wide-angle option as well.
- It has built-in the Google Assistant, which uses Google’s signature AI and Google’s gigantic database and voice recognition features. It is one of the best products of MWC 2017 which woo all the people in there.
BEST AFFORDABLE PHONE
Product Name: Alcatel A5 LED
- Alcatel A5 LED is a fun looking mobile phone with the innovative Light up + rear LED cover to light up your mood as the cover. The cover can light up when you get notifications from incoming messages, calls, alarms and social media activity, and you can customize the way it looks with cover patterns and themes.
- The phone comes with a 5.20-inch touchscreen display with a resolution of 720 pixels by 1280 pixels at a PPI of 282 pixels per inch.
- Light-weight, round edge body which runs Android 6.0 and is powered by a 2800mAh non-removable battery.
- The A5 got an 8-megapixel rear camera with dual-tone flash and a 5-megapixel front camera.
- The back is replaceable with a big boom box speaker or add-on battery which make A5 one of the best products of MWC 2017 in the affordable phone category.
Product Name: Samsung Galaxy Tab S3
- Graciously designed glass and metal tablet design. New Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 has a new glass back panel in either black or silver with a 9.7-inch tablet screen.
- As what Samsung claimed, Tab S3 is thinner and lighter than an iPad Pro, with dimensions of 237.3 x 169 x 6mm and a weight of 429g (the iPad Pro is 6.1mm thick and weighs 437g).
- The noticeable new feature of Tab S3 is the HDR display, which boosts up the contrast ratio, and the four speakers, which amplifies the volume better than a tablet with a single speaker.
- Samsung brought the S pen back giving a tough competition to iPad Pro lineup.
- If you are looking to replace your laptop with Tab S3, then the Samsung Galaxy Tab S3’s keyboard attachment is worth your extra pennies.
- The Tab S3 got 13 Megapixel rear camera with autofocus, LED flash, Geo-tagging, touch focus, face detection, HDR, panorama and a 5 MP front camera. Tab S3 won the hearts at the MWC and became our favourite and one of the best products of MWC 2017.
Product Name: Huawei Watch 2
- Well, actually there’s two smartwatches: the Watch 2 and Watch 2 Classic.
- These Android Wear 2.0 smartwatches in which the main Watch 2 also supports 4G.
- Apart from the 4G support the main difference between Huawei Watch 2 and Watch 2 Classic is its design.
- The Huawei Watch 2 Classic is marketed as the dress watch for businessmen and women so it comes in stainless steel body, neat straps, which are leather on the outside with a rubbery, sweat-friendly finish on the inside.
- Both the models of Watch 2 are rated IP68 for waterproofing (so 30 minutes in 1m of water) and dustproof.
Product Name: Porsche Design Book One
- The first look of Porsche Design Book One wooes everyone at the MWC 2017. Covered in anodized aluminum, every aspect of Porsche Design’s 13.3-inch machine feels and looks high-quality with a 3,200 x 1,800 IPS touch display.
- The 13.3-inch tablet, Porsche Design stuffed in a 7th generation dual-core Intel i7-7500U processor that powers the visuals with its integrated Intel HD Graphics 620 graphics processing unit (GPU).
- The Design Book runs Windows 10 Pro as a touch-sensitive device with company’s own pen which magnetically attaches to either side of the computer and last but not ht least a 5 MP infrared webcam.
Product Name: Staedtler Noris Digital for Samsung Tablets
- Samsung team up with the German company Staedtler, to issue an S Pen styled to look like a classic pencil. This is a pencil for digital writing but it seems like a regular pencil though.
- The Noris digital is in black and green, to create a variance from the traditional black and gold Staedtler color scheme.
- The other things which differentiate it from a classic Staedtler graphite pencil is obviously its tip different tip.
- It can be used with all Samsung’s newly expanded range of stylus-friendly tablets or even its next Galaxy Note device.
BEST HOME TECHNOLOGY
Product Name: Samsung Home Modem for Verizon
Price: Free for Trial
For the nation starving for new options in home internet, Samsung Home Modem for Verizon seems a refreshing air. Let’s see what it got.
- Samsung’s home router for Verizon’s 5G service, which is a rectangular black box that seems rather like a Bluetooth speaker.
- The black Samsung router has four Ethernet ports and a blue status on fore front, which will show display strength and diagnostic data. It works as a Wi-Fi router, although the details of full specs are still not available by the company.