Thinking to change your iPhone? If yes then this iPhone 7 can be a fair deal with its better battery life, camera, and improved mechanism. Moreover, it has high water resistance capability. But, the design does not seem to be evolved much with the time. Besides, many of the changes are almost inconsiderable that you will get to know in this iPhone 7 review. Comparatively, this makes iPhone 6 a reasonable deal according to specs and features.
What We Love:
- Twice the internal power.
- Water resistant
- Excellent low light cam
What We Don’t:
- Battery life is not much august
- No change in design
- Deficient in significant upgrades
This should come as no surprise how the iPhone 7 has dented everyone’s expectations regarding the design. The biggest mobile and tech giant Apple seems to like to be in love with its conventional design that has not even got many changes in iPhone 7. The design is somewhat similar to its previous predecessors. Conversely, the instantaneous removal of the headphone jack is a gesture of ultimate courage by the company. Singularly, it is the one in the most diverse tech industry that abruptly drops prominent technologies from its product. Be it optical drive, floppy drive, Apple proprietary 30-pin iPod connector, flash or USB, Apple has never been hesitant in taking such bold steps because it knows the fanatics that go crazy about every other Apple product would like it anyhow. Anyways, the good news is there is no headphone jack in iPhone 7!
Calling a spade a spade if the company would have launched this phone back in 2015 instead of iPhone 6S; it would have allured everyone immensely and been a flagship phone of the year. More to it, not even the upgrades in iPhone 7 both in 2016 and 2017 could bring stars for this phone. In fact, the phone is struggling hard to keep pace with the other flagship phones of this year like Samsung Galaxy S8.
However, the phone has got brighter and more colorful display with the waterproof screen, a better 12MP camera and dual speakers. But the phone still lacks the features and upgradations that the Android phone lots have to offer.
Highlights Of iPhone 7 Reviews:
- Though Apple this time could not come up with our expectations, it still has great specs and features to offer. And there is certainly something cool about writing iPhone 7 review. Especially if we talk about the Goddess goodbye, Apple has just said to the headphone jack. Though the company made it clear that it needed to do so in order to make room for the improved camera.
- Moreover, the Taptic Engine for tactile sensations that Apple uses in its devices is also integrated into this conventional but nicely designed phone iPhone 7.
- Not to overlook the most important spec which is its better and bigger battery that has been longingly in demand by the maniacs of iPhone.This powerful battery with longer life will keep your phone working without charge two hours more than iPhone 6.
- Not to surprise you, Apple has something, way better than the headphone jack and that is its EarPods headphones with a Lightning connector packed in the magically elegant box of iPhone 7.
- Also, a lightning-to-3.5mm dongle if you wish to use your regular headphone, you can always use it via this dongle.
- Shockingly, it is disenchanting for us to see why Apple did not do much of an effort in improving the overall experience of wireless audio in iPhone 7. Bear this with me in this iPhone 7 review; that there is almost abandoned Airplay and its flaky Bluetooth setup interface is quite an offensive thing from Apple’s side.
- You see, the future of socializing on the web is videos and animation. To that end, one needs to have an augmented camera that is developed with revolutionary, innovative technologies. Cut to the chase; the iPhone 7 camera is by far the most powerful camera any iPhone user can have! Comparatively, the new iPhone 7 camera is way better than what we got in iPhone 6S. It has faster f/1.8 lens, latest four-color True Tone flash, optical image stabilization and wider color capture. Additionally, the new 7-megapixel sensor can add shines to your Instagram and SnapChat stories.
- One more product from Apple industry, the new A10 Fusion chip with four cores. Of which two are high power and other two are the low power that consumes less the battery while the operation of the daily task. It is even faster than that A9X in the iPad Pro.
- The iOS 10 that runs this iPhone 7 has really got some excellent upgrades of its life cycle. The latest slick version iMessage packed with all amazing features is one its great update. Moreover, it has got a new and better Siri having ability to be extended by third-party apps. The smart home devices come with special and better integration. More to it, it has got a cooler Music app and News app interface, much better Control Center and a handful of other alluring features to woo you.
- You might be wondering what happened to the Home Button, why is this so much tending everywhere. Well, this is to let you know that Apple again being confidently experimental, has entirely changed the way we see the Home Button in all its previous predecessors. The button is much similar to Macbook track-pad that does not move. Instead, it uses Taptic Engine jolts to get pressure that tricks your brain with the feeling as if you’re clicking.
Design Of iPhone 7:
As you know, the design of iPhone 7 has not much changed and quite a similar with that of its two previous siblings. Still, there are some petty changes that might grab your attention in this iPhone 7 review. All thanks to new water-resistant chassis plus there is no headphone jack anymore; instead it adds in an aesthetic grille.
Bye To Headphone Jack:
Moving on with the most prominent change in design that is the exclusion of headphone jack. No wonder, it is a bold step by Apple but not as much as exaggerated at the time of its launch. Anyways, the fact of no headphone port will affect the users in fluctuating degrees. For some lot of users, it would be just an ignorable change because all they use is Earpods and that hasn’t removed instead it comes with lightning connectors. For rest of the users, it may be a bit inconvenient to hinge a tiny white dongle to a 3.5mm jack on the end of their headphones to plug the headphones into a lightning port.
This is quite an innovative move by Apple to add water resistance in iPhone 7 that makes it the first iPhone set to have a waterproof screen. It has to offer waterproof individual connections within the phone instead of adorning it with awful rubber plugs and the company named it splash- both water and dust resistant at IP67. Simply stated, you can even dip it into deep water a, and it does not affect any of its functionality. Isn’t it super cool?
Seemingly, Apple does not believe in enamoring the users with the sleek and super stylish body. Instead, the company ensures the robustness of its innards and high power processor. That means it is unlikely to happen that iPhone 7 body and design blowing anyone’s mind. But the phone is still amazing as the body is strong enough not to die prematurely by falling or breaking up. In fact, it is versatile and powerful enough to meet the outrageous requirements. So, it is iPhone 7 that is not just about the looks. Instead, it has some more important things to offer.
Interestingly, the color range of iPhone 7 is something to go crazy about. The colors we are going to detail in this iPhone 7 review would definitely make you fall in love with this adorning color scheme. This iPhone 7 is available in gold, rose gold, silver, shiny jet black and matte black. Apart from these color, the special edition of iPhone will definitely enamore you. This comes in beautiful RED color. However, it is worth reminding that initially, the iPhones used to come in only black and silver color range. But as it is evolved, it has expanded the color range to keep up with the other colorful beauties like Samsung’s flagship smartphone ranges.
You will get to know in this iPhone 7 review that the display is capable of showing a wider range of color. You might not notice at first, but if you look closely at the photos taken by iPhone 7, you will sense the display improvement made in it. This is also beneficial for the app developers, and Instagram is one that already announced the update supporting this wide color display. The phone further features Retina HD Display, Multi-Touch display with IPS technology, 4.7-inch (diagonal) LED-backlit widescreen and 1334-by-750-pixel resolution.
Furthermore, the iPhone 7 offers you dual-domain pixels which are for wide viewing angles, oleophobic coating for finger resistance and support for both multiple languages and characters simultaneously.
- Weight: 138g
- Dimensions: 138.3 x 67.1 x 7.1mm
- OS: iOS 10.2
- Screen size: 4.7-inch
- Resolution: 750 x 1334 resolution
- CPU: Apple A10 Fusion
- RAM: 2GB
- Storage: 32/128/256GB
- Battery: 1,960mAh
- Rear camera: 12MP
- Front camera: 7MP
The iPhone every other new model comes with the latest version of iOS, and this iPhone 7 is no exception. Moreover, this Apple’s new iOS 10 is the best platform so far than all the other OS versions. With its new features and design, iOS 10 gives life to your latest iPhone 7 and it has the following functions to lure you.
- Control Center
- Night Shift
- iCloud Keychain
- Notification Center
- Spotlight Search
Inevitably, the battery life has got a boost in comparison to that of its predecessor but not more than other rivalry flagship phones like Samsung Galaxy S7. However, it is by far the longest life battery in iPhone’s life cycle, but it also seems much like the company is just touting. This is because the high power and low power management is something that is in control of Apple processor. And it has nothing to do with the manual settings. So, what’s the bottom line? As claimed by the company itself, longer battery life will depend on how you are using the phone.
No doubt about it how the camera tech has been evolved in iPhone over the time. Safe to say, iPhone 7 has got the best upgrade for the advanced level of a smartphone camera. The bumps it has got in low light is something incredibly ravishing. These upgrades include OIS ( Optical Image Stabilization) and a wider f1.8-aperture lens that also enhances the overall experience of low light photography.
Furthermore, the other improved feature in the 12-megapixels camera is the new ISP for better images. But it may seem too subtle for casual everyday point-and-shooters photography. More to it, the four LED flash is way brighter and can even light up the whole room. (Tip: Live Photo affects the speed of shutter, so better turn it off if you want faster shots).
Front Face Camera:
The Facetime front facing camera is now bumped to 7-megapixels. And it is something recommendable for selfies and videos. But what I found is a little caveat that sometimes the background looks total washed out even if you turn on HDR.
Getting down to the brass tacks, all the features mentioned in this iPhone 7 review are undoubtedly fantastic; but, are they good enough to make up the impact the on the users by the removal of the headphone jack? However, it is not debatable how much quintessential this new version of iPhone is. Be it its camera, battery life, new iOS 10, high performance, display, processor or other petty features, the phone excels in all the cores if compared to its predecessors. But, it somewhat looks insufficient to jockey with the latest flagship phones in the market. But, yes if you are an iPhone crazy go person, then this is the best deal for you to crunch!