Online privacy and security is at threat these days. People are concern over their online privacy and security with the growing trend of cyber crimes and data retention laws in many countries. It is high time you must adopt some measures to enhance and protect your online privacy and security. Along with other methods, one of the most reliable way people using these days is a VPN service. In this article, I am listing some of the best VPN services 2017.
What is a VPN and How it Works?
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a software which establishes a secure and encrypted tunnel between you and the internet. This way all your internet traffic is routed via this encrypted tunnel. Which means no one can see what you are doing online. VPN also masks your real IP address and other login details which makes you anonymous and untraceable online (read in detail how a VPN protects your privacy online).
Why You Need the Best VPN Services 2017?
With any of one of the best VPN services 2017 in hand, You can access Hulu, HotStar, BBC iPlayer, Pandora, or any live streaming service even when you are away from the service provider’s country. We might have come across so many people who travel overseas for higher education, job, or any other purpose. In such a case, it is difficult for them to access websites from their country as a result of geo-restrictions. It blocks websites for the people in their country to access the websites from other countries. Few of the countries that follow geo-restrictions are Iran, China, etc. So next time when you plan for travel to such countries, be sure to get a VPN account to get connected with the web pages that you visit often. This VPN guide recommends a good VPN for frequent travellers while they plan for it.
The Internet communication is not always secured as hackers, Trojans, snoopers, etc. can harm your data by any unauthorized data access due to inadequate security and privacy measures. When we send our sensitive information such as bank account details, passwords, etc., anybody could hack our data and may use it improperly. It is a worrying fact, and it has to be dealt with caution in prior than it happens to us. Yes, the VPN guide suggests you subscribe a VPN connection when you send sensitive or any personal information via public or private networks.
A firewall is a virtual wall that blocks requests from certain countries, places, any set of websites, or any other matching conditions. For example, many educational institutes have firewalls to block social media websites, gaming websites, etc. A VPN is capable of bypassing such checks and can get you the access you need. This is not an illegal activity, and the usage of VPNs are widely accepted by governments all around the world.
Anonymous online activities:
When you use the Internet, anyone can come to know your Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is an identification of your system or electronic device in the public or private network. Even the physical address and other details can be found using an IP address. It means that there is a potential risk of letting your information to others when you leak the IP. To be on a safer side, the best VPN services 2017 are the best solutions. VPNs hide the actual IP address and replace it with the IP address of its servers. So, nobody could track the actual IP from where the requests arise, and you can remain anonymous on each of your online activities. Just read the VPN guide further for more useful information.
Best VPN Services 2017
Here I have listed some of the best VPN Services 2017. These services are the most demanding and the user feedback for them are amazing throughout the year.
- Unlimited Bandwidth with Ultra Speed
- Endless Server Switches
- 99.99% Uptime
- Provides all VPN protocols OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, SSTP, and PPTP
- High-End Security with OpenVPN 256-bits
- Zlogs log keeping policy of internet activities
- 145+ servers in 94+ countries
- Amazing Referral Program which brings 30 days of free service on every sign-up
- 30-Days Money Back Guarantee
- 3 Simultaneous-login Option
- No Free Trial Offer
ExpressVPN has become the market leader in the VPN industry with its supreme quality VPN performance during past seven years. It attracted and retained millions of users and enhanced customer loyalty due to services that are beyond comparison. That is the reason it sits at the top position in our VPN table. ExpressVPN is based in British Virgin Islands which keeps it away from the Data Retention policies enforced by NSA, GCHQ. That is the reason for unbelievably consistent and uninterrupted connection performance of ExpressVPN.
With its extensive network of more than hundreds of sustainable and stable servers expanded in more than 94 countries of the world. Which enhance users’ connectivity options from anywhere anytime according to their usage and need.
It has specialized and dedicated Apps for all the Operating Systems like Windows, iOS, Android, Linux, etc. and compatible with all the devices like PC, MacBook, iPhone, iPad, Smartphone, Tablets, etc.
- Double encryption for added security
- 1114 Servers in 61 Countries
- Six simultaneous connections
- A variety of platform support
- Excellent customer support
- Automatic kill switch
- Torrenting and P2P Allowed on Many Servers
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- It offers IKEv2/IPsec, OpenVPN, PPTP, L2TP, IPSec
- Military-grade AES 256-bit Encryption
- 30-days money back guarantee
- 3-Day free trial
- Unique selling proposition is that it offers hassle-free installation even for new users
- No refunds for Bitcoin facility
- The website could be even better because we could not search a particular feature or facility. We need to either read FAQ or contact the help desk for every question.
NordVPN is a Panama based VPN service provider and hence it is free of the U.S and the European countries jurisdictions. Hence, the users can enjoy anonymous networking with its No Log Policy. The speed of NordVPN ranges from 5 Mbps in the U.K to 2 Mbps in the U.S and is known for its faster connections except for a few latencies. It has 1114 Servers in 61 Countries.
There is always an option for the user to select a server based on its load or location. The speed of transfer and the server connection is based on the country opted or based on the server type. Yes, NordVPN has server options as well. The smart play technology employed by NordVPN gives an extraordinary streaming experience to its users. Streaming services include unblocking various networks such as BBC iplayer, Netflix, Hulu, etc. There is a 30-day money back guarantee promotion offer and a 3-day free trial as well.
- 1000+ servers in 32 countries
- Uses AES 256 Encryption
- Uses 2048 Key & MD5 Authentication
- Supports OpenVPN, L2TP/IPsec, and PPTP
- Anonymous Surfing
- Unblocks Geo-specific contents
- Automatic Wi-Fi security
- Supports Anonymous Torrents
- Live Customer Support
- DNS & IP Leak Protection
- Restricted Live chat working hours
It was previously a Roman-based VPN service provider and now it is based on Israel. It was launched in 2009 and since its inception; the CyberGhost VPN is excelling in their offerings. With servers in 32 countries and at 1000+ locations, it is said to offer fairly faster connections. The partial support to P2P is quite different from that of the other VPN service providers.
- 3253 servers in 36 locations across 25 countries
- Zero VPN Traffic Logs
- Encrypted Wi-Fi Protection
- Offers all Protocols PPTP, OpenVPN and L2TP/IPSec including SOCKS5 Proxy
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- 7-days Money-Back Guarantee
- IPv6 Leak Protection & DNS Leak Protection
- Internet Kill Switch
- P2P file sharing & VoIP Support
- Compatible with Mac, Linux, Windows, Android, iOS, etc
- 5 Simultaneous Connection Option
- Support for VPN router including DD-WRT Tomato & PfSense
- Speed Test options for all Servers
- No Free Trial
Private Internet Access is a popular VPN service loved and admired by millions of users all around. PIA believes in best service with the best price and that makes it stand out in the VPN industry with great customer satisfaction. PIA VPN service provides you unbeatable internet security and privacy with its sustainable and specialized security barrier based on several layers for end to end protection with its amazing features of Anonymous IP, high-grade encryption based on cryptographically secure Blowfish CBC algorithm, Firewall to block unwanted content and identity protection to keep all the hackers, spammers and keep snoopers away from your network.
It also gives you full access to the geo-restricted and blocked content by evading all the censorships with many unrestricted servers of PIA VPN. Your online information is protected with PIA VPN not only on one device or Operating System but with all the devices, OS and VPN routers as well and with the 5 simultaneous connection option of PIA VPN you can avail the comprehensive security and privacy shelter on all the devices you use at the same time with just one PIA account.
- 100% Private & Anonymous Internet Surfing
- High-end 256-bit Encryption for Optimum Privacy Shelter
- Automatic VPN Security over public Wi-Fi networks
- 5 Simultaneous Connection Option
- Unlimited bandwidth
- Limitless Server Switching
- Convenient & Fast access to Restricted or blocked content
- 200+ Servers in 50+ Countries
- Split tunnelling feature
- 99% Uptime with unlimited speed
- OpenVPN (TCP, UDP), L2TP-IPsec, and PPTP protocols
- P2P file-sharing support in 100+ Geo-Locations
- Zero-log VPN Service
- Internet kill switch
- Automatic & Smart Purpose Selection
- Vigilant 24/7 Customer Support via Live chat etc.
- 7-days Money-back guarantee
- Dedicated Apps available for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and more
- No Free Trial Offer
Ivacy VPN was established in 2007 and gained popularity due to its dedication towards providing outstanding and unique security and privacy features when in 2010 it launched Split Tunneling feature and became the first VPN company to provide such VPN feature. Ivacy is a Hong Kong-based company with millions of happy customers around the globe due to the affordability and excellent service because of its reliable security and privacy features.
Conclusion- Best VPN Services 2017
Consequently, I can say that selecting a right VPN is the key. Using a premium VPN must be a priority that using a free VPN. You must not compromise your online security and privacy just to some save dollars. However, I have also recommended some affordable options in my list of the best VPN services 2017 above. You can choose as per your requirement and of course, budget.