Well, I start with the hope that you are at least aware of the recent ransomware attacks lie WannaCry and Petya Ransomware. Which corrupted millions of computers around the globe! If not, this article is a must read for you as I have reviewed the Best Antivirus Software of 2017 here for your protection.
So many persons ranging from technical buddies to common computer users were badly affected and there are even chances that you are also affected in some way or the other! If you are not in the list, then it’s great! But remember though you had escaped the threat this time, more such attacks are even possible in the coming days! To be safer from such attacks, it is always better to install the best antivirus software on your computers. You might even argue that your computer is being protected by the inbuilt Windows Defender or so, but this cannot extend you a protection that is closer to 100%. Discussions apart, it’s time to know the best antivirus software of 2017 to keep your devices protected! Read here to know about the Plague of ransomware that swept across the UK, in detail.
Before we start, I wish that you should also be aware of the free as well as the commercial antivirus available in the market. Yes, not all the Antivirus software is freely available to the public and even though the free ones are limited in its scope and functionalities. If you are really concerned about the cost than the security of your data, then you can go ahead with the free ones otherwise, be wise and choose the commercial best antivirus software. Some of the additional functionalities in commercial antivirus software over the free ones are vulnerability scanning, Anti- phishing, web filtering, password managing, etc. These can vary with respect to the antivirus software and only a careful examination of software can make you land in the right ones. You can also read How useful is antivirus software? to understand the benefits.
To make it easier, here is the list of the best antivirus software of 2017!
Norton Security Standard:
Norton is one of the trusted names in the antivirus field, and it does an excellent job in blocking the suspected files even during its intrusion. We should speak about the fantastic URL Blocker facility that never allows you to open the malicious web pages. Apart from the browsing protection, it also has firewall protection, password manager, etc. You can also go ahead with the free Norton antivirus for your highly stable systems at home. But when it comes to secure the more confidential information, we recommend you to go for the paid ones though it looks a little high on prices. To know more about it, read the Norton Antivirus review here.
- $34.99 per year for a single device.
- $39.99 per year for a maximum of 5 devices.
- It is one among the most widely known anti-virus software.
- It comes with multiple features such as Password Manager, Browsing Protection, Firewall protection, URL Blocking, etc.
- Slightly higher prices.
BitDefender Antivirus Plus 2017:
BitDdefender is one of the best Antivirus Software as it comes with a variety of features such as the accuracy & reliability in its operations, Web filtering, promoting highly secured financial transactions, anti-phishing alerts, etc. There is an Anti-ransomware protection that rarely blocks few legitimate files. But this does not happen frequently and you need not worry much about it! It is highly useful for multiple users and it also comes with multiple year subscriptions.
- $29.99 per year for a maximum of 3 devices.
- $119.99 for 3 years for a maximum of 3 devices.
- The 3-year subscription comes with great savings.
- Accuracy and reliability in its operations.
- It blocks legitimate files sometimes.
- Allows a maximum of just 3 users only.
It works the best while it comes to malware protection i.e. tracking and reversing the malware. It uses smart techniques in detecting such threats and in handling it. Though people feel that its prices are on the higher side, it’s worth the money with its features such as URL blocking, web filtering, malware detection & protection, etc. This one of the best antivirus software of 2017 can even be considered as an all-rounder in its activities by offering wide-span of services. But be sure to check out the really higher prices just for up to 3 device usage.
- $59.99 per year for a maximum of 3 devices.
- $119.99 for 2 years for a maximum of 3 devices.
- $179.97 for 3 years for a maximum of 3 devices.
- All round protection with its wide span of services.
- Works best in tracking & reversing the malware.
- It comes with a variety of subscription options such as 1-year, 2-years, and 3-years.
- Really higher prices for a 1-year subscription.
- Allows a maximum of just 3 users only.
Avast Internet Security
Most of us are being used to the Avast free antivirus and it’s time to know about the paid one from the same provider. Though it is not a cheaper option, Avast has its own reasons to justify the cost. The interesting part of Avast is that it always comes with highly user-friendly interfaces and those are appealing as well. It also has a good password manager and a gaming mode with no interruption at all! The anti-spam facility captures all the unnecessary emails from being occupying your inbox and it also intellectually handles the malicious login captures as well. Also, read the Best Business antivirus of 2017 here.
- $59.99 per year for a single user.
- $79.99 per year for a maximum of 3 users.
- $104.99 per year for a maximum of 5 users.
- One of the widely used Antivirus software and good subscription options.
- It comes with user-friendly interfaces.
- No interruption gaming mode.
- High cost.
The best antivirus software is not a hard deal to pick as we have already presented you the list. Still, you might not be using one such Antivirus but try any of these and get protected! To start with you can read the How to Install Antivirus Software on Windows here.